Women in Engineering Program Orientation (WEPO)
August 16, 2017 – August 18, 2017
University Park Campus
WEPO is an immersive orientation designed to introduce first-year women to Penn State College of Engineering and to the engineering career path. This three-day award-winning orientation engages students in resource building, career preparation, and active mentoring to facilitate academic and career success. WEPO consistently generates unparalleled engineering retention metrics!
During WEPO, participants stay at the Atherton Hotel in State College with upper-level WEP engineering mentors. Participants accepted to University Park will be able to move into their residence halls on the Wednesday prior to the first day of classes, ahead of other University Park students.
All WEPO activities (meals and housing) are provided by WEP. Participants pay only the $225 registration fee. (Fee waivers are available for those with demonstrated financial need.)
Benefits of WEPO
- Build a partnership with a successful upper-level WEP mentor
- Acclimate to resources, engineering software, and on-line course management tools
- Learn success strategies for academic achievement and personal wellness
- Participate in a professional networking reception and career dinner
- Make friends with women in your classes and dorms
- Engage in a hands-on engineering design project
- Build your first technical résumé
- Network with faculty, staff, alumni, and students
- Move into residence halls early (University Park Students only)
- HAVE FUN!